Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Snoop to find an agent.

Since I'm a marketing coach for actors, I need to keep lists of agents and managers. I give each client a personalized list, if we decide doing mailing is a good idea.

If you want a list of franchised agents, you can go to The Callsheet or other such digests. But, man, the world is changed, and there are a ton of agencies working that aren't franchised. They don't have to be. They can make money doing non-union commercials. Just like actors.

So where are they listed???
They're not.

So, every time I go to an audition I snoop: at my sign-in sheet, at every sign-in sheet. If someone signs in with an agent I've never heard of, I write down the name and google them when I get home. This way I have the most comprehensive list of agents that are getting their actors auditions.

Now, I'm not going to share them all with you for free, but a few names have been popping up more frequently.

If you're looking for an agent, check them out, and maybe you'll get a meeting. They can't be receiving a lot of mail - they're not listed!!!!

Across The Board Talent

Dream Makers Talent


Take 3 Talent

Lauren Green Management

Forgive me if you know these agencies, and I've just overlooked them, but you get the point: If you want more auditions, find out which agencies are getting actors auditions, and make sure they know who you are.

That's good business. Snooping.

No comments:

Post a Comment