Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Al Hirschfeld Free Health Clinic

I'm not sure where I was, but I just picked up a brochure for
The Al Hirschfeld Free Health Clinic.

It says right on the front: For the uninsured in performing arts and entertainment.

(that includes the underinsured as well.)


Let's examine further....


The Clinic is a program of The Actors Fund, which I could not say enough good things about. An amazing organization, that helps people get jobs, find homes, find insurance, and also keeps them healthy.

You must make an appointment, 212-489-1939, and meet certain criteria to prove that you're a performer (union card, pay stubs, even playbills). They offer primary care, specialty care and referrals, preventative care (flu shots, mammograms) and counseling. It's located near Lincoln Center.

I haven't gone myself, but I've talked to dozens of actors who have. Also, I once talked to a dancer who broke his foot, and racked up $15,000 of medical bills at the emergency room. He called The Actors Fund out of desperation, and a mediator argued it down to $150. Wow, right?


You're not alone! And though Sarah Palin and Mitt Romney don't care about you having health care... The Actors Fund does.

2 comments:

  1. Your website is really cool and this is a great inspiring article.
    SEO Conference

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that it is great that you are able to offer free health care to patients. It is important to take care of people health. I am glad that there is a place that people are able to go if they do not have health insurance. Thanks for being a great doctor. http://snowcreekmedical.com/

    ReplyDelete