Thursday, October 25, 2012

$10,000?

I was posed an interesting question this week: If you had $10,000 to spend on your career, how would you spend it?

This question is interesting, but this question led me to an even more interesting question:  Why am I not working night-and-day to earn $10,000 to do all the things I think I should be doing for my career?

I'll start with the first question.  (And my answers aren't for everyone, just for me.)
Here's how I would spend the $10,000:

•New Headshots, including reproductions - $1400
•Better VO demo - $1200
•Classes with Casting directors  - $4000  (This is probably the BEST way to spend investment money.)
•A trainer to get me in shape for pilot season - $2000  (Oof - I hate this, but it's smart.)
•Great audition clothes, and a great haircut - $600
•Excellent holiday gifts for agent/manager - $200
•Mailings, supplies, miscellaneous - $600

Now, I don't have an extra $10,000 to spend, but is it irresponsible to me and my career to not dedicate myself to making an extra $10,000 to invest in my career?  Do I think that a $10,000 investment is wise?

Here's what I came up with:  I think I do need to invest more money than I do in my career if I want the momentum to pick up.  Therefore, I do need to make more money.

I've always felt that it is inadequate to invest money when-you-have-it in your career.  That just means you never invest.  I'm a big fan of committing to a yearly budget-knowing what you are willing to spend, and how you're willing to spend it.

But the fact remains: if your career isn't moving fast enough, you have to invest more to get it going.

Personally, I don't think I need to add $10,000 a year to my budget, but maybe $3,000.  Now... where do I get that money?

Do you need to be investing more?  How would you spend it?

2 comments:

  1. 3333d2d444fa298Here are best materials for you!
    BEST VIDEO ABOUT HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE:
    I found this is No1 video about how to make money online
    Hope that it help you more
    source: 12 ways to make money online in your lifetime







    Jennifer Lee Mar 21, 2018 at 7:36 PM
    LEARN FREE HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE BY AFFILIATE MARKETING
    This is a free course by affilorama, the leading internet marketing academy,rated 4.7 * by 87k+ students.
    source: Free training affiliate marketing online







    John Smith Mar 23, 2018 at 8:36 PM
    LEARN HOW TO BECOME MILLIONAIRE ONLINE
    This is one of best online course about how to become millionaire online.
    It is difficult to become a millionaire, so perhaps this course is only rated 4.4*.
    source: How to become millionaire online in one year

    ReplyDelete
  2. PIMCO's PIMCO's Mango Ace of Spades - Titanium Body Armor
    This is the only PIMCO brand Mango titanium white dominus price Ace of Spades. The titanium shift knob only PIMCO brand of titanium hip quality products. PIMCO's Mango Ace of Spades has titanium for sale a unique design revlon titanium max edition

    ReplyDelete